Friday, April 30, 2010

Character - Sillia Aylomein


This is a character I've played in two Neverwinter Nights modules. I picked her name using NWN's random name generator, but "Sillia" really did end up fitting her silly personality. She was a total flake, but was really fun to play. I might remake her for a PnP game sometime.

Note, the locations mentioned (Alta, Fertilund, etc) are from my "Itropa" module, names I reused when I started my campaign world of Praktas.

------------------------------

Dear Diary,
It's been a while since I've had a chance to write in you. I forgot to bring you with me to camp, and I've been waiting to write all summer. I learned so much this summer, about singing, and acting, and playing instruments, and everything else that comes with being a bard. My choir director, Mr. Luute, was a real stiff, with no sense of humor whatsoever. Maybe I shouldn't have put blue dye in his hair gel, but it was hard to resist. And the things I got to see! One time a classmate of mine got chased by a bear! And one time, at bard camp, I saw two grazelles fight! And one time, at bard camp, I saw a bunch of fairies fly by! There was so much to see and do, I hardly had time for my classes. I can't wait to go back. I hope this school year goes by fast.
-Sillia

Dear Diary,
Tomorrow I start school at "Virtuoso College" in Alta. I just finished decorating my dorm room; it's really cool. I've painted the walls hot pink and purple... I hope my roommate doesn't mind. I'm nervous and excited about tomorrow. My parents say it's an honor just to be accepted here, it means I have real talent. Mom says she's been putting money aside for years to put me here, so I hope I don't disappoint her. My parents left this morning; they're probably halfway back to Fertilund right now. Back to their humdrum lives of plowing and planting... it used to be my life too. I'm so glad to have this opportunity. I miss my family already, even bratty Chris. I can't wait 'till spring break so I can see them again.
-Sillia

Dear Diary,
I hate this place! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it! Everyone in Alta is so stuck up. They laugh at me for not coming from a rich family. They make fun of my clothes, because I like to wear bright colors instead of their snooty black suits. Today a teacher yelled at me for smiling in class. Everyone's so serious here! Even my roommate hates me.
-Sillia

Dear Diary,
Spring break is almost here. I was planning to go see my family, but now I don't know. I have the chance to go on the "Musicruise"... it's a week-long boatride with a lot of famous musicians performing. I didn't think I'd be allowed to go, because it's during the same week as our mid-term exams. But my classmates told me they're moving spring break up a week to coincide with the Musicruise, and we'll have mid-terms when we get back. It sounds like a lot of fun... but... my family really wanted me to visit them for Spring break. So I guess I have a pretty big decision to make... should I bring the pink dress or the blue one to the Musicruise?
-Sillia

Dear Diary,
It's my second day on the Musicruise, and I'm having a great time. One of my favorite music stars told me I had a voice like an angel! He gave me so many compliments, I swear I was in heaven. Okay, he took some of it back after I refused to join him in his cabin, but I'm sure his compliments were sincere. I'm going to be a star someday, I know it.
-Sillia

Dear Diary,
My classmates lied. I missed mid-terms, and I've been expelled. I can't go home now, to face my parents. They'll be so disappointed with me. I managed to intercept the expellation notice before it was sent to my parents, so as far as they know I'm still at school. I think I'm going to keep it that way. I'm going to travel a bit, see the world, and try to become a big star. If I can make it big before the school year's over, my parents will still be proud of me. And I will make it big. I know it.
-Sillia

No comments:

Post a Comment