Monday, August 28, 2017

Painting Miniatures - Part 2

Just posting a few more pictures of miniatures I've painted (see previous blog here).  I'm still not happy with my skills, but I'm having a blast (and killing my back).  For the most part I've given up painting the eyes - I just can't get them even and they always end up looking cartoony.  I think I've been putting more creativity into the bases than the actual miniatures so far.
 
Bard

Weeping Angel - Pretty much just painted it gray.

Fairy

Same Fairy, but invisible

Bookshelf

Maybe my future Starfinder character?

Innkeepers

Mimic

Paladin of Sune

Pirates


Young Displacer Beast - I added tentacles to a cat familiar.





I didn't paint the following sharks.  They're just some toys you can buy in a tube at craft stores.  But I did paint the bases and added some extra flair.  I even glued real sand and seashells to some of them.









The ants below are from a bag of plastic ants.  I gave the bases a dirt-like texture and glued the ants to them to make ant swarms. I'm working on a spider one right now as well.


This is something I made to track flying height:


And lastly, here's some AOE effects I made for tracking the range of certain spells:




No comments:

Post a Comment