Monday, April 4, 2011

Token Storage - Solution

Not long ago I posted a plea for someone to make storage sheets designed for tokens. Thanks to this thread at WOTC's D&D forums, I have a solution I like for now. These pages are made by Brent-Krueger. They are just the right size for the smaller tokens, holding 30 tokens per sheet.







It works pretty well so far.  The tokens fit snugly, so they don't fall out easily.  In fact, it's actually a little difficult getting them out when I need them, but I like it that way.  It's really nice having them all in one place, where I can just flip through and find the ones I want.

If you want to order some of your own, go to this page. For small tokens (The ones that fit in a single square), order this:
LD30 - Lead Dog Vinyl Coin Page 30 pocket page for 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" mylars or flips.

For large tokens (2x2 squares), order this:
LD12 - Lead Dog Vinyl Coin Page 12 pocket for 2 1/2"x2 1/2" mylars or flips.

While it looks like the right size for larger tokens, don't order LD20 (2"x2"); I'm told that they're slightly too small.  I don't yet have a solution for the 3x3 tokens, but those are rare enough not to be a serious problem.  Right now I'm keeping them in some old sheets designed to hold floppy disks.

My order arrived quickly, and the sheets seem to be sturdy.  My only real complaint is that the shipping cost was a bit high.  So if anyone reading this happens to find another website that sells this product, or knows where I could buy them retail, let me know.

7 comments:

  1. I really do like that as a storage solution, Matt. How many have you had to order so far? I think I'm about to order some for me, and I need another trapper keeper. I guess a tour of Goodwill is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the DM Kit, the Red Box, the Monster Vault, and an older Starter Kit that also came with tokens. To store all of those, it took 17 pages of the the LD30, and 7 pages of the LD12.

    But since their shipping is so high, you might want to go ahead and order a few extra of each, so that you won't have to order again when "Threats to the Nentir Vale" or "Gloomwrought and Beyond" (both of which include more tokens) come out.

    Of course, you have Gamma World as well, so you'll probably need more than I did anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I will try to figure out how many I am ordering this week, let me know if you want to order any more. And pet the kitties for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I remember correctly, it cost about $11 for shipping; whether I was buying $3 worth of product or $30. So I went ahead and got enough to last me a while.

    The kitties say "hi."

    ReplyDelete
  5. This method of organizing has been great! BTW, I found these 3 pocket, 3 ring binder pages to be perfect for the 3x3 tokens also.

    http://colonialacres.com/products.php?view=3749

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... and double-checking the links in the blog, it looks like Brent-Krueger may have gone out of business.

    ReplyDelete