Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wishlist - Token Storage Pages

Okay, D&D accessory manufacturers - this is something I would like to see made.

Now that WOTC is pushing tokens instead of miniatures, I would like companies to think a bit more about storage solutions. I've seen lots of homemade ideas such as using medicine containers and craft organizers. I've got some tubes I bought at a craft store that work pretty well, but I'd rather have a solution that lets me find the token I want faster.

What I really want is storage sheets. The sheets shown below were made by Ultra Pro, and were designed for pogs.


 


I don't think they make them any more, now that pogs are out of fashion. I'd love to use something like them sized to store D&D tokens. I don't like using the ones designed for pogs, because pogs are a lot bigger than D&D tokens. If I put D&D tokens in these sheets, it looks like this:


They fit, but they slide out if you turn it upside down. Plus it's a lot of wasted space, with only 20 pockets per page. They could easily fit twice that many if they made a product specifically designed for D&D tokens. I also looked into coin storage, since D&D tokens are about coin-sized. There are also similar products out there for coin collecting, but they're designed for coins that are already in square cardboard protectors, so we're back to only having 20 per page again.  I've also heard people suggest sheets designed to hold 35mm slides.  Again, 20 per page.  Both are good ideas, they just aren't optimal.

I don't expect the world to revolve around me or my desires, but maybe I'm not the only one out there who wants this. I'm hoping that some company like Ultra Pro or BCW starts making them.  If you agree, and you think you could use a similar product, please let these companies know there's a demand for this product.  In the meantime, if anyone out there finds some sheets more like what I'm looking for, let me know.

Update:  I've found a solution that works for me.  See this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment