Tuesday, February 7, 2012

HeroClix - Pictures Of My Collection

I collected a lot of HeroClix early on, but I only played it a couple of times.  And the few games I played, we only used the simple version of the rules.  Still, I like having them.  Maybe I'll use them as minis if I get in a "Mutants and Masterminds" campaign.

In getting them back out to photograph, my biggest issue was that I hadn't stored them very well.  Pouring out the box, I was horrified at the huge mass of plastic, immediately worried about how many might be broken.  Almost anything that had a base was now off the base, and matching them back up again was very time-consuming.  A few will have to be glued back together, which lowers their value, but I don't collect these as an investment anyway.

Catwoman and Tigra were locked together in a rather scandalous union, and I nearly broke them prying them apart.  But the funniest thing I saw was when I found the base for the Invisible Woman, without the mini attached.  My first thought was, "That's an easy way to design a mini."  I should market an entire line of invisible miniatures.

In the pics, I tried to group them by affiliation.  But honestly, I'm not as big a comic book geek as I thought I was.  I have no idea who some of these people are, especially for the independent properties.  Heck, even my first love, DC, has a lot of heroes that were too obscure for me to identify right away.  It was difficult matching up the bases for these unknown heroes.  I tried using process of elimination, but come on...  "Jesse Quick"?  Using unisex names isn't even playing fair.  I had to resort to Google Image Search a lot.

My collection isn't as complete as I'd like, but I'm not going to start collecting them again.  The only ones that really bug me are the ones that don't make sense without others.  I have Bullseye and Elektra, but no Daredevil.  I have a Dagger but no Cloak.  I have a Loki but no Thor.  I have a Dove with no Hawk.  I have a really nice deluxe Sinestro, and yet I don't have a single Green Lantern.  How do I not have a Green Lantern?

Another random observation:  Batman has more villains than God.  No wonder he's always so pissed off.  Why don't some of these baddies move a few hundred miles away?  I mean, surely it can't be that hard to find a town where there's not a guy dressed like an animal patrolling the streets.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about that.  Here's the pics.  Click the pictures for larger versions.


DC
Batman and Friends

Batgirl

Catwoman

Two-Face, Joker, and Harley Quinn

Four Jokers beats pretty much any hand.

Penguin

Batman Villains

Various DC Characters

Lobo and Etrigan

Swamp Thing

Negative Woman

Blue Beetle, Black Canary, and Green Arrow - How colorful!

Ice hails a cab while Fire floats nearby.

JLA's Plastic People

JLA's Hawk People

JLA Villains

Sinestro

Superman and Supergirl

Superman Villains

Some Teen Titans


Marvel
Hulk and the Avengers

Iron Man and War Machine

Black Widow with some S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents

Hawkeye

Fantastic Four... like, 10 of 'em.

Hydra

Blade

Bullseye and Elektra

Loki

Sentinel

Skrulls

Spider-Man and his Not Totally Unremarkable Friends

Spidey Villains

X-Men

Wolvie Vs Sabertooth

Mystique

X-Men and Sentinel


Miscellaneous
Random Cops

Random Crooks

I have no idea who the frack these people are.

Independent Comics

Witchblade and Danger Girl Characters

2000 AD


No comments:

Post a Comment