Thursday, November 26, 2020

Towns & Taverns by Loke Battlemaps

I don't support a lot of Kickstarter ventures, but that's because I'm usually broke.  But when the right project happens at a time when I have a few bucks, sometimes I give in to the temptation.

Earlier this year I backed the project "Town & Taverns: 2 Modular Books of Battle Maps for Roleplay".  The books arrived this week, a month early.  Nice!

I've got to say,  these books are beautiful.  Each volume contains 40 pages of maps, with spiral binding so they can be opened flat on a table.  The two volumes are designed to work together.  Open each of the 60"x60" volumes and place them next to each other, and you have a gorgeous 120"x120" map covering the table.  

When stored together in their sleeve, the two books make a compact way to store a large number of maps.  They cover a good variety of town-themed locales: downtown, docks, interiors, courtyards, castle walls, and even some blank grids you can use for whatever you need.  You can draw your own details with dry erase markers, and your marks wipe away clean.

This is now my favorite way to store battle mats.  I'm still going to keep a couple of my Paizo flip-mats, but I might try to sell my D&D Dungeon Tiles and paper maps.  I'm honestly running out of room for D&D paraphernalia, and I don't think I'll ever go back to using paper maps or cardstock tiles.  

I bought the Towns & Taverns version, but they also sell dungeon and sci-fi versions on their website:  Loke Battlemats.  I hear they have a wilderness set in the works as well, so watch their Kickstarter page.  The books come in a few different sizes to fit your table's needs.  

So if you're looking for a compact way to keep battle maps, you can't go wrong with Loke Battle Mats.  Highly recommended.









No comments:

Post a Comment