Saturday, May 29, 2010

LFR: Patronage and Pestilence

5/29/10 - The Game Keep
Module CORM1-7: Cormyr: Patronage and Pestilence (1-4) (Low Difficulty)

Characters:
Kryla (Matt) - Level 1 Dragonborn Sorcerer (Cosmic)
Blast (Nick) - Level 1 Gnome Warlock (Feytouched)
Thorn - Shifter Warden
Mark - Cleric
Stefanos - Half-Elf Paladin
Ander - Halfling Rogue
Vin - Human Paladin

The scheduled DM had to call out, and it was too late to cancel the session. So Kristi, the LFR organizer, took over. She didn't have time to study the adventure, so she ran it on the fly, and did a very good job of it.

We had a couple of players who had never played 4e before. One of them had to build his character on the spot. I tried to help, but once you're used to the Character Builder, it's very hard to make one manually.

I rolled very badly this session. I swear, I have one encounter spell that I've yet to cast successfully.

The module itself wasn't great IMO; most of us agreed that our motivations just weren't very motivating. Also, the final skill challenge left me with no choice but to attack an innocent horse, which was sad for me.

Rewards: 400 xp & 75 gp

No comments:

Post a Comment